27 October 2014

The Proposal



June 2013, Steve asked me what I wanted for my birthday; a gift (that I've been longing for so long) or a holiday. Since it’s been 5 years that I haven’t celebrated my birthday in Philippines with my family (I usually go home during Christmas and kids’ birthdays), I told him that I wanted a holiday... but in Philippines; a simple dinner with family is more than enough for me so we flew back to Philippines to celebrate my birthday.


On the day of my birthday, we reserved couple of seats for the family at Vikings, SM Marikina. We’re already late for our reservation due to traffic and the mall was so busy, we decided to let my brother-in-law, Raymond drop us at the entrance before going to the parking area. While waiting for them, Steve and Shyne went missing for almost an hour.


Everybody was already starting their dinner when they came back. I was quite pissed as I was already hungry but Shyne handed me a gift though obviously Steve was the one who bought it so I just told to myself, “Ah okay… so this is why they went missing!”


We started our dinner; everyone was busy getting their food at the buffet station when my mom, Shyne and I were left on the table. I asked Shyne where they have been but I also thanked and told her that I really like the watch they gave me then she slightly slipped her tongue and said “Mom the ring is really nice! I helped daddy Steve in choosing that…” then mom said “Shyne, what are you talking about? Your Dad won’t buy it for you…” I was a bit curious and kept on asking Shyne but she didnt want to talk anymore… so I assumed she wanted to buy a fashion ring but Steve refused to buy it.


After Viking staff had sung a birthday song for me, Steve gave me a box with a ring inside and said “Marry me.” Take note: he didn’t ask me at first, he’s telling me to marry him! I was in a state of shock as I never expected it. My hands were shaking and perspiring, felt like I was floating in the air. I was trying to figure out if it was real or I was only dreaming… still can’t absorb what was happening… Ohh best feeling I ever imagined! Then he asked me, “YES or NO?” Ohh, wow… I wasn’t dreaming… He was really proposing!


All I did was nod my head as a sign of “YES!” I couldn’t talk coz I was avoiding my tears to fall but when I saw his teary eyes, happy tears fell down and that's it... we're already engaged! By the way, how can you say "No" in front of your family? lol! (Just kiddin)


Steve showed the ring to my Mom and even asked permission prior to the proposal.






No comments:

Post a Comment