30 October 2014

Surprise Birthday and Engagement Party


He may not be a showy-type of boyfriend, never gave flowers nor chocolates, celebrates monthsaries or goes on a movie date like a typical bf/gf does but he makes it appoint that he will let me feel every single day how precious and lucky I am to have and be with him.

Before my birthday dinner, we already agreed that we will just have a family dinner exactly on my birthday and that we will just have a barbecue dinner on a weekend as 2nd part of my birthday celebration with some of close friends and relatives nearby our area. He even told me “Just invite your closest cousins and neighbors since it’s only bbq and I don’t want to have plenty of people around”. Though irritated, it was really not a big deal to have or not to have a birthday party so I just invited cousins near to our place and some few friends but when I asked them to confirm, they never contacted me at all… quite frustrated but that’s life, they might be busy and I do understand.

Early morning on the day of the barbecue party, Steve woke me up to go to a salon and pamper myself. I really refused since first, my hair is fine and secondly, it was my holiday and I didn’t want to wake up early. I kept on telling him that I didn’t want to go there and preferred to just stay at home and help them do the marinating but my mom and my sister Sharon told me that they would love to go and have their hair done. Even Rhyz and Shyne were interested so I had no choice but to go with them and stayed there all day from 930am- 6pm.

Everyone, once finished went home until only Mom and I we're left there. When mom finished her hair, we called the house and told them that they can now pick us up. To my surprise, my uncle, Diko Iking was the one who showed up saying that the guys were too busy for the barbecue party (his place is in Cavite which is approximately 3 hours’ drive from our area!) And not only that, at the gate of our subdivision, I even saw my cousin with her boyfriend waiting for a tricycle (3-wheeled motorcycle) so I told my mom and uncle that I saw Makki and asked mom to stop to get them but mom said that they might be going to a party elsewhere and kids were already waiting for us so we have to be in a hurry. While approaching the house, there were tents outside, elegant table arrangements, catering and almost all my relatives and friends were there... I was really stunned!  That was really a surprise!






















Steve in connivance with my family, arranged everything including fireworks displays, catering services and invited everyone. I only asked for a dinner with my family but what he gave me was an experience I will truly treasure for the rest of my life. He told me that he’s about to propose on that day in front of my relatives and friends but since he already proposed… this is now my surprised birthday and our engagement party that ended up at 6am the following day! Take note, my Uncle Romy said that he got drunk twice that night! 

Best Birthday ever had!

No comments:

Post a Comment